Friday, January 18, 2008

The Next Chapter

As of 3pm yesterday afternoon, I officially became Dr. Ryguy. It was one of the greatest moments in my life that I will never forget. Following acceptance of the written documentation in the graduate student office, I had to walk uphill to the Registar's office to get the final officially stamped paperwork that stated that I completed everything for my Ph.D. As I was walking up, the snow was falling at quite a rapid pace and I just stopped walking for a second, looked around at the historic old school campus at Small Town University, and finally realized that I was done. That picture is just one that will always be engraved in my mind. One of the greatest days ever!

Now it is time for the next chapter of my life. I am taking a break from packing right this moment to let everyone know that this again may be the last blog for a little while. That is, until I get cable and Internet in my apartment. My family and I driving up to Small City, NY tomorrow morning to finish unpacking and settling in my place in NY. A very crazy but exciting time!

I can not help but say how much I will miss everyone including my best friend from high school and his family, my good college day friends from PA, PA (not a typo), and all of my friends and family from Small Town University. It has been a combination of sadness and happiness the past couple of days, but I can safely say that I am ready to start new. Besides, this is one step closer to being with my girl Sneks for the rest of my life!!!!

1 comment:

Sneks said...

Dr. Boyfriend!!

I am so happy for you!!

And your post doc is going to be so great!!

I can´t wait to come visit in just 14 days!!!!!!!! (And then many times soon after!!)

I LOVE YOU!