Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My name is RyGuy, but you can call me doctor!!!

After 5 1/2 years of hard work, constant anxiety, and a couple (or many) gray hairs later, I successfully defended and revised my Ph.D. dissertation in a matter of 24 hours!!! My talk went well, I honestly do not remember the first 5 minutes of it at all, and towards the end I just let the filter drop completely and made the comment "I'll miss most of you, but I'll remember all of you." Classic RyGuy just throwing what I was thinking right out there to my audience and let them have a field day with it. I really didn't think I stated that, but when people started to snicker towards the end of my talk, I knew I truly said it. Quite frankly, it was the truth. When I made this comment, I was looking at RamMan (the no neck bitch that works down the hall from me) and company talking during my entire talk. Try to at least act like your in high school at the very least. Nonetheless, everything went well, I partied hard following the talk, and am now getting ready to move out of hick town, PA to small city in NY! Pure excitement! Time for the real world and a real job!!


Next on my list, get my beautiful girlfriend back to the USA and visit me in Rochester right around her B-day. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. RyGuy, PhD. You should print that on a business card

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dr W. All the hard work finally paid off. Can you perscribe meds? Just kidding. Going to miss you when you move, maybe I can convince Rae to let me get a 360 along with my PS3. Yeah right not with #2 comming. Well congrats again and have a safe trip this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to add my congratulations to the rest and wish you continued success.
dancingfish's mom