Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Finally, Some Cable and Internets!

Although I have gotten many things completed the past couple of days, I found it hard to just listen to the radio for hours upon hours. Finally, I was able to get high speed internet and cable installed earlier today and now, I am able to blog about the events that have occurred since I have left home.

I finished moving into the place on Saturday, got everything (for the most part) unpacked and organized. I can't say enough how much I love my place and this was B.C. (Before Cable). Much is still needed to be done, but it is minimal compared to where I was days ago.

My first day as a post-doc was exciting yet painful. After talking to my post-doc mentor, it was time for both 10,ooo signatures, pictures for identification......the list goes on and on. Sadly, I am still not done going through these necessary processes. Following cleaning and organization of my house, I now have to do nearly the same thing where I work. At least this is minimal though. I'm nearly complete cleaning stuff up in the lab, and once I get lab certified, I will start in my new field which pertains to neuroplasticity in the auditory circuit of the zebra finch brain (in english, how hearing things makes your brain wire itself properly). It has been nearly a month or two since I last did real work in the lab. It's about freaking time!

I will soon have pictures to post here from Small City, NY. Especially since tonight was the first official measurable snowfall since I have gotten here (my guess is about 4inches and still more to come). The best part, I DON'T HAVE TO SHOVEL ANY OF IT!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe it's time for a Super Bowl blog update.