Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Probably One of the Last to Find Out

I admit to the fact that I tried to not get swept up into the whole Harry Potter craze that has been going on for, I guess, nearly 10 years now.
I remember my little cousin showing me the book that started it all (The Sorcerer's Stone) way back in 2000 (or 1999 maybe). I thought it would be a cute little book for young kids to sit and enjoy, you know, to actually enjoy reading again . But never did I think that it would be a good book for me to read. Fast forward to about 3 years ago when nearly everyone I knew could not stop talking about Harry Potter this and Harry Potter that. I still did not want to read these books because I thought they were for kids. Then, I decided to go and see the 4th Harry Potter in theaters with Sneks (apparently we were so close together when we went with our friends that people started to say that we looked like a human pretzel???? Nevertheless....good times) and from what I could remember, the fourth movie (Goblet of Fire) was damn good. So I began reading these books till finally last night, I finished the 7th and last Harry Potter book.

I would have to say that it was one of the best books I have ever read. Great action, and better yet, a fantastic conclusion to 7 of the best books I have read in a while. Don't get me wrong, Lord of the Rings is still my favorite fantasy book, but Harry Potter was nonetheless a great book to read.




So for all of you (the whole 1% of the population as I was myself) who have not read these books, I suggest read them and enjoy them! They are really good books!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah yes....the pretzel days. When your love was still a "secret"

Sneks said...

YAY! My baby has finally read my FAVORITE books of all time!! YAY!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I too once tried to resist the lure of Harry Potter. Alas, I lost that battle a long time ago.... it's scary how easy it was to become obsessed with the books. Welcome to the club! By the way, Hi!