Friday, September 28, 2007

The Roller Coaster Known as Life

The past couple of weeks have been, as the title states, quite the roller coaster ride. It began with quite the high in that I am 99% confident that I will have a place in small city NY to call home (and by that I mean a job in a lab) for at least 2 years with an up and coming scientist. This scientist, who has been at the University of Small City for a year now, studies several unique properties of the brain and how it differs between men and women.

This was immediately followed up with the very sad news that my loving and caring grandmother past away at the age of 88 exactly one week ago. The funeral was very difficult to get through since most of the people there were not speaking to one another because of the green eyed monster that has consumed them since 1997.

My spirits were immediately lifted when I realized that I have just 40 more base pairs to sequence for this particular mRNA (which I have been working on for nearly 3 years) to finally be completed with experiments at Small Town University. I am constantly typing my thesis in hopes to distribute, defend and deposit by early January. Also, the proofs for my last publication was just sent to me today!!

Needless to say, November and December will be the craziest months of my life, but I look forward to finishing one chapter of my life and beginning a new one soon!

No comments: