Monday, February 25, 2008

The First Major Snow Event???

I'm currently waiting to get online to play videogames (I know, it may be sad, but what the hell else am I suppose to do this late at night without my Sneks around?) and I just saw the following statement from the National Weather Service....

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OVERSPREAD THE REGION TUESDAY MORNING. PERIODS OF SNOW WILL THEN CONTINUE AT VARYING INTENSITIES FROM TUESDAY RIGHT THROUGH THE FIRST HALF OF WEDNESDAY.
THE PERIOD OF HEAVIEST SNOW IS LIKELY TO BE FROM LATE TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING. AS COLDER AIR WRAPS INTO THE SYSTEM...SOME LAKE ENHANCEMENT IS ALSO POSSIBLE FROM LATE TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS BY MIDDAY WEDNESDAY ARE EXPECTED TO RANGE FROM 10 TO 14 INCHES...WITH THE GREATEST AMOUNTS WITHIN 10 TO 20 MILES OF LAKE ONTARIO.

This may in fact be the first major snow storm up here in NY for me since I have gotten here. If it comes true, I'll be sure to snap some pictures for all to see the glory that is western NY in late Febuary! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Sneks said...

I am so jealous!!! I want snow!!!

Regardless of the feet of snow, I will make the treacherous journey all the way to Roch cha cha to spend my spring break with my Ry!!